Shadow Throne Kickstarter

General banter, public forum
Ounce

Shadow Throne Kickstarter

Post by Ounce »

I may have mentioned to you guys in the past that I'm part of a Bay Area board game designer group. I am consistently humbled by the awesome games the other members of this group are able to put together. One of my friends in this group, Teale Fristoe, is a full-time independent game designer, and he has just put up his newest board game, Shadow Throne, on Kickstarter. Check out the game here: Shadow Throne

Shadow Throne is a Machiavellian drafting-based card game. The king, the queen, and the church (led by the princess) are heads of factions fighting with each other for control over the realm, and you are the one behind the scenes, pulling the strings. Your goal is not to go in making any specific faction win--just to make sure that you end up supporting the side that ends up winning ;)

I was able to play test the game earlier on in the development process, and I absolutely love it. Completely separate from being friends with the designer, I would purchase, play, and replay this game, and would recommend it highly to anyone interested in board/card games--especially if you enjoy drafting and thinking quickly on your toes to respond to shifting circumstances.

Lend your support for this awesome game, and support independent game designers!